• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winners Chosen - Next Drawing is Sept. 7th for Leica Optics (1 Viewer)

gr8fuldoug

Camera Land / Supporting Vendor
Winners Chosen - Next Drawing is Sept. 7th for Leica Optics

This next drawing is for Leica Optics

The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Leica 2.5-10x42mm ER Plex Riflescope and a second place winner will receive a Leica CRF-1600 Laser Rangefinder

Our latest Grand Prize Prize Winner for the Zeiss Dailyt Spotter, Part #528007 is Brandon M of MM Forum

Our three lucky runner up's, who will each receive a Zeiss 8x20 B T* P* Design Selection Monocular #522052
are:

Don N of 24hourcampfire
Hunter S of CouseWhiteTail
Shane D TexasHuntingForum

The Zeiss drawing has ended. Congratulations to the lucky winners

Our next drawing is Sept 7th for the Leica 2.5-10x42mm ER Plex Riflescope and a second place winner for a Leica CRF-1600 Laser Rangefinder .

We have added more drawings for 2011. There will now be one each month or so.
Again, we would just like to thank everyone for all the support that we receive.

Please go to our website, www.cameralandny.com and enter. Past entries will not be in this drawing. To keep the drawing available to those that continue to have an interest, each contest winner will be drawn from entries for that contest period.

Are you our next winner?

What are you waiting for? Just go and sign up. There is no purchase required and we are not selling your info to anyone.

Congratulations to our latest winners.

* As we cannot export riflescopes if the winner is from outside of the USA a similar value binocular will be substituted

To be honest I am not a consumer of your store. And for sure you did not asked my feedback... but I am a potential consumer, as I buy optic products from other sites. And I am sorry, but I will give a feedback anyway.

These drawings are like promotional products to gather potential consumers into your site to see your offerings and such. That is great. I saw your site too. Excellent.

But you just offered on a drawing(promotional free product) a rifle scope. Something to be placed above a weapon, to shot at things.
Why didn´t you stay with the binos?

I am positive that you are aware the many human life are lost each day for ... rifles.
And it seems very distasteful, at least to me, to see rifle scopes being promoted as gift-promotional-free-prize.

Sometimes here, people ask about scopes... and they ask if it is possible to see bullet holes of a caliber X, in Y yards... ...I never know what to answer, as my observation targets are not static, they are alive, they even fly.
Somehow I learn to live with different people, people who use the same optics as me but for reasons I disagree with. Fine, I can live with that...

But to offer a rifle scope as a free-prize is just absurd. It is an obvious apology(exaltation) to the use of rifles and fire-weapons.

As I said before, you never asked for my feedback, and I am sorry, but this:

The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Leica 2.5-10x42mm ER Plex Riflescope...

As a free-gift... To offer something supposed to be mount above a rifle... this is irresponsible to say the least...

You are free offering fire weapon´s parts in a open website. Please...

Last edited:
We do not mean to offend anyone, it is not our intention. These drawings are our way of thanking the members of the various forums that we sponsor and participate in for their support throughout the year. Some of these forums are hunting forums and those members want to see the latest and greatest optics in binoculars, spotters, rangefinders and riflescopes as prizes. We also give away cameras. It is a mixture of the products that we offer on our site. It is also products that the mfgs, that sponsor these give-aways, wish to promote on our site.

I am sorry if our give-away this month offended you. I see that you are outside of the USA and if you do notice:
* As we cannot export riflescopes if the winner is from outside of the USA a similar value binocular will be substituted.

Again, my apologizes

Doug,

If Ivan wins, I would gladly accept his prize if he doesn't want it. :)

But on a separate note, I ordered a Nikon Prostaff spotting scope from your site last week. It is a great scope and I was amazed at how quickly it arrived. Thank you very much.

Dan

Doug,

If Ivan wins, I would gladly accept his prize if he doesn't want it. :)

But on a separate note, I ordered a Nikon Prostaff spotting scope from your site last week. It is a great scope and I was amazed at how quickly it arrived. Thank you very much.

Dan

It is impossible for me to win. As I am not in the drawing as I am against the use of weapon and its parts. But that is a personal position. And I understand that many different people like to do hunting and shot targets, etc... I am totally fine with diversity.

The problem is when weapon parts are gave as free gift. It is an apology to the use of weapon, an inducement, stimulant... ...in my opinion irresponsible.

Calling a rifle scope a weapon is a stretch. They are even popular/common here in Japan, a country where ownership or possessing a gun is illegal, because of their utility as a sighting device for telscopes and telephoto camera lenses. In your thinking, I bet a fork and knife are probably weapons too!

Last edited:
Calling a rifle scope a weapon is a stretch. They are even popular/common here in Japan, a country where ownership or possessing a gun is illegal, because of their utility as a sighting device for telscopes and telephoto camera lenses. In your thinking, I bet a fork and knife are probably weapons too!

Fine then...

If I am the one out-of-place here because I think it is disgusting and irresponsible to give fire-weapon´s parts as free gifts... then sorry.

I am out of these boards. As I am sorry but I really believe that to give fireweapon´s parts as free gift is just... wrong.

Sorry.

I have personal reasons to dislike fireweapons... anyway, sorry for being so personal about it.

Last edited:
Ivan,
I think that it would be difficult for you to find a binocular for birding that is not made by an optics company that also makes optics for hunting. Especially those binoculars that are most popular among the members of the birding community. Many of these companies also make optics for military use. As for leaving Bird Forum; I don't think you are out of place here because of your belief at all. But if you draw it to it's logical conclusion you will have a difficult time finding a proper binocular, or any optic for that matter, to use for your hobby or even scientific pursuit.
Bob

Last edited:
Ivan,
I think that it would be difficult for you to find a binocular for birding that is not made by an optics company that also makes optics for hunting. Especially those binoculars that are most popular among the members of the birding community. Many of these companies also make optics for military use. As for leaving Bird Forum; I don't think you are out of place here because of your belief at all. But if you draw it to it's logical conclusion you will have a difficult time finding a proper binocular, or any optic for that matter, to use for your hobby or even scientific pursuit.
Bob

Just answering this post...

I do not have problems that the manufacturers of optical devices also do rifle scopes. I never said that.

The problem, as I hope I have made clear, is to offer in this site rifle parts as "free gifts".

Do you understand that birdforum.com allow advertising of rifle parts as free gift that can be won by children or teenagers.

Rifles is something that among other things, kill people, and its parts is being offered here as free gift to everyone.

I was planning on using the rifle scope as a finder scope on my fuji 25x150s
and no astronomical objects would be hurt,
but sadly did not win
maybe next time

and yes, this works as I come to the web site several times a month to register,
and to see if I win,
and sometimes I find something that I MUST buy

edj

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back