• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo filter question (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I have the free download of Photofilter. Is there any way of cropping on this? I have tried zooming & saving but this doesn't work. I assume it's something obvious that I'm missing.
Failing that can anyone recommend another way of cropping ?
Thak you

I have an old version. In that can just click on the "dotted square with an arrow in bottom right corner" to select the tool; then draw a cropping rectangle on the picture then go to Image -> Crop.

Stick with it, I can't remember how now that I have moved to Linux but cropping was something that Photofitre is really good at, you can even save the sizes and shapes of your crops for reuse I found it very handy for creating thumbnails for my web page.

Mick

Bump

Just a bump to try for more help.
Thank you for the help so far but I am still struggling. This is a free download so could this be the problem ?
Cropping is (I think) a fundimental part of image management so (I think) must in in there somewhere.
If I download another programme would they fight against each other ? I don't want to get rid of PhotoFilter as I am determined to master it.
By the way-does anyone know where to get an instruction manual for this programme (download etc.) ?
Thanks again

It's got nothing to do with it being free, Photofiltre is a good bit of kit and cropping is one of it's strengths. I would have to boot into Windows to find out how it is done and I shan't have time for the next week but if my memory serves me right it is something as simple as click somewhere on the image where you want to start the crop then draw out the shape, right click and click on crop in the drop down menu, just play with some junk images until you have figured it out.
You can download other programs and they shouldn't interfere with each other, they never did on my PC and I had loads of different image programs on board. There is a forum for Photofiltre but it is in French so it didn't help me, I am not aware of any English Tutorials maybe Google can help.

Mick

Cropping is a doddle with Photofiltre (once you know how! ;))

Just draw the crop with your cursor (click on an imaginary corner of the crop, and hold the mouse button down to create the crop rectangle), then select "Crop" from the "Image" menu option.

Last edited:
I have the free download of Photofilter. Is there any way of cropping on this? I have tried zooming & saving but this doesn't work. I assume it's something obvious that I'm missing.
Failing that can anyone recommend another way of cropping ?
Thak you

If you go to http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm you will find a very complete tutorial in English. You will note that the correct name for the program is photofiltre. not photofilter

Craig

Just play with it, most stuff you want is on the right click drop down menu.

Mick

Attachments

• aaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaa.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 89
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back