• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is this bird? (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the answers!

Credit for the photograph goes to Scottes (an online friend from another forum).. not me. He does nice work though!

Awesome picture! I saw my first RC kinglet yesterday and it was frustrating to try and take a picture of it...it was extremely active...jumping around all over the place...grabbing branches with her beak and swinging up left and right..but it was fun to watch!

OOH! i want one! here in NY the Sibley book says that the Golden-Crowned is a wintering visitor here, and the Ruby-Crowned is a migrating visitor. So what can I do to increase my chances of seeing one? what foods do they eat? Keep in mind that we still have a wintering visitor here (an American Tree Sparrow).

Michael Frankis, Why the hell are you saying that Newcastle is in the European Union?It is in ENGLAND!

Last edited:
gthang said:
OOH! i want one! here in NY the Sibley book says that the Golden-Crowned is a wintering visitor here, and the Ruby-Crowned is a migrating visitor. So what can I do to increase my chances of seeing one? what foods do they eat? Keep in mind that we still have a wintering visitor here (an American Tree Sparrow).

The only thing I can add to Michael's advice is to look very early in the morning. I have one that regularly comes to pines trees in my yard along with the hummers in the predawn, but never approaches the feeders. The presence of other birds seems to encourage it though.

bob

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back