• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need ID (1 Viewer)

jschock

Shotting in Alabama
I know it is not a very good photo but maybe someone could tell me what this is. Location central Alabama. Length about 3". Loud call especiall when she wants to feed the young in the basket.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Attachments

• peepersmall.jpg
    peepersmall.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 330
Hi Jeff,

That's a Carolina Wren. Fairly common in the deep south (I've seen them in Texas), very noisy birds when they're singing!

Michael

PS I see this is your first post - welcome to the forum!

LOL Michael, what you call noise, I call a song for my heart. I could listen to the CW all day long and then some.

Yep, a very nice song, but still LOUD!!!

Carolina Wren was actually the very first bird I got on my US list, at dawn after arriving on a night flight

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back