• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cargo Pants (1 Viewer)

POP

Are Rohan Pants the best cargo trousers you can buy (rather expensive)

POP

Last edited:
cargo pants are an excellent idea - in principle. They are fine for anyone with an hourglass figure, but so many of us nowadays have an egg shaped torso, that overloading the pockets with cargo can lead to a serious wardrobe malfunction.

Craghoppers are good.

cargo pants are an excellent idea - in principle. They are fine for anyone with an hourglass figure, but so many of us nowadays have an egg shaped torso, that overloading the pockets with cargo can lead to a serious wardrobe malfunction.

Craghoppers are good.

Ken Thank you as one with a corpulent figure,I find the pockets best for a bottle of malt in one and a glass in the other,essentials for anyones wardrobe.
I do have Cragghopper and Rohan trousers but find the material and cut slightly better with Rohan's.Regatta I avoid like the plague,my reasoning for cargos they do normally have a generous cut,but am wary of paying for the name.
Regards
POP

I always purchase my pants that are wic proof.....they dry fast when wet and are light...and make no noise when traveling.... Do you take that into consideration or do you look for material made from ? that is more bulker and warmer?

Craghoppers are good.

get a fine pair of Tartan Trews! or even a Kilt:t:;) with a large sporan for whisky etc;)

get a fine pair of Tartan Trews! or even a Kilt:t:;) with a large sporan for whisky etc;)

Kilts I have always found a little draughty and trews I always wear when I am following the pipes,thats the pipes from the distillery.

POP

I bought mine three years ago from Primark and they refuse to wear out. They were the bargain of the decade. The cost.....£12.00 ;)

Ken Thank you as one with a corpulent figure,I find the pockets best for a bottle of malt in one and a glass in the other,essentials for anyones wardrobe.

Ah, you can tell that Pops is a refined gentleman - insisting on a glass. I prefer to use both pockets for bottles. That way one can pick the correct malt for the conditions.

Ah, you can tell that Pops is a refined gentleman - insisting on a glass. I prefer to use both pockets for bottles. That way one can pick the correct malt for the conditions.

most kind dear boy,I usually find my malt covers all conditions after several drams what are conditions.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back