• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barn owl (1 Viewer)

colonelboris

Right way up again
Finished at last - the comission that means that I can buy Christmas presents! Yay!
Acrylics on canvas, 14 x 10" (cropped a bit on here, though)

Attachments

• barnowl2.jpg
    barnowl2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 183
Fantastic,I hope whoever is paying for it is digging deep!

I've always loved those markings you find on certain birds,a kind of blue'ish
charcole peppering around the back and head.Hard to explain in words but very distictive on dark coloured birds.It's gonna look fantastic in a good frame with tinted border.

Matt

Thanks!
I've got as close I can to the colour of the mount (it's not quite right) to give an idea of how it looks mounted. I had a choice of this one or white with a black line on the inside edge. I think the white one just didn't look right, especially with the background being so light.
As for digging deep, it's that accursed friends and family thing...

Attachments

• barnowl3.jpg
    barnowl3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 116
colonelboris said:
As for digging deep, it's that accursed friends and family thing...

Oh well, maybe one of 'their' friends will see it and order something from you for which you can make 'them' dig deep!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back