• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro 30x & Nikon Coolpix 8400 (1 Viewer)

I don't know that there is a definitive answer, but probably plenty of opinions :) I think you would be successful with either the DCA or the UCA. The DCA is more compact and easier to carry in the field. The UCA is more adjustable for camera position and can be used for a different camera should you upgrade.

The DCA is the best solution for the 8400. Either with the 43 mm Nikon adapter or the 52 mm third party adapter. Neil.

Thanks for the replies.
One thing I'm not sure of though is how would the 43mm adapter connect to the DCA which has a choice of 28,30,37 & 52mm ring adapters?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

You would need to purchase a 43-52mm stepping ring. This will allow you to connect the camera to the DCA. I am sure you can find one on an auction website.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back