• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Viper 15x50 (1 Viewer)

Sancho

Europe
Does anyone know anything about this binocular? Just wondering. I saw it on a few sites and it seems to be a little brother of the Vortex Kaibab 15x56. It has "XD" glass and all the trimmings, apparently.

I am wondering the same thing. I looked through a pair today and was surprised at how stable I could hold them. They were light and had a clear bright picture.

Just got in a pair of 15x50 vipers yesterday. I ordered it with the the universal binocular adapter and the vortex doubler. I spent several hours last night evaluating them and my emotions are mixed. The fit and finish is very nice, everything is tight and works well. the interpupelary distance is almost to wide for my narrow set eyes. I spent the evening comparing them to my non swarovision 10x42 el's, and they were very hard to compare because they were so different. The 210 fov really made me feel claustrophobic, the el's had a much flatter picture, and as it got dark the el's remained a smidge brighter. That being said the vipers have a nice view, the resolution is good, the focus wheel is very fast, perhaps to fast for my taste but i am not a birder just a big game hunter that will be using them for antelope and very open country mule deer hunting. Looking at a small real estate sign 500 yards away I could read all of the information with the vipers and not quit all the info with the swaro's. I am content with the vipers but would like to compare them to some of the other big eyes.
By the way don't waste your time with the doubler, image quality is poor, at least with that combination

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back