• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Odd Chiffchaff or just my eyes again? - London UK (1 Viewer)

ChrisKten

It's true, I quite like Pigeons
I was watching a few juve Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs at my local reservoirs this morning, and this one looked different. It wasn't yellow like a juve Willow Warbler, more beige, and it looks like it has short wings. So it should be a Chiffchaff, but the colour looks wrong and so does the face... or is it just my eyes ;)

Thanks

Attachments

• P1420724RGp9002.jpg
    P1420724RGp9002.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 180
Thanks for replying; unfortunately it looks like nobody else is prepared to commit themselves either way ;)

Hi Chris

I'm sure it will be a flow of replays, as ID ing un-classical birds required time and carful research, especially form the information provided from your nice photograph.

Omar

Chiffchaff

I was watching a few juve Willow Warblers and Chiffchaffs at my local reservoirs this morning, and this one looked different. It wasn't yellow like a juve Willow Warbler, more beige, and it looks like it has short wings. So it should be a Chiffchaff, but the colour looks wrong and so does the face... or is it just my eyes ;)

Thanks

I have not looked in my books, I watched Siberian Chiffchaff very well last year we had 3 showing well from January 2013 until March, to my eye's the upper's give appearance of Olive greens and Yellows below besides the colours mentioned I cannot pick out any tristis features. It's a bit early yet also for most tristis but you stll could get and early bird looks like the normal British breeder p collybita to me.

Regards, John

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back