• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need some advice about Canon camera. (1 Viewer)

vicky@glos

Hi folks,
I need a bit of advice about my camera being a Canon ESO 500N. Bought second hand last summer.

I have a 70-300mm (Sigma) lens and a 35-70mm lens (came with camera) - with macro facilty.

I'm looking for a place to get a x2 convertor for it. I have looked at the prices for a 500mm lens and know that will take time to pay for something like that.

I'm having problems trying to find a x2 convertor for this camera.

Please does anyone know where I might get one. I think the price will be a bit better to pay for, instead of the price for the larger lens.

Anyone able to help me ? Thanks for any replies in advance.

cheersB :)

Vicky@glos

A big thank you!

Dear Nigel,
A BIG THANKYOU!

Cheers mateB :)

Vicky@glos.

Found the thing I wanted. I shall phone about it a.s.a.p.

Vicky,
You probably already know this, but a 2x teleconvertor, as well as extending the lens and apparently increasing the focal length, also cuts down the amount of light entering, so you will need to give a longer exposure, which limits its use for handholding to avoid camera shake (or as I like to think of it, subject movement !)

Tony

vicky
i can get you a 2x for your canon !
you will find you wont be able to use AF you will have to focus manually the camera will take care of the exposure for you but the shutter speeds will drop , you will (probably) have to use a faster film 400 or 800 asa
i will send you a pm with my number so you can call and discuss if you wish ??
hope this helps

tony

Hi
Be careful about the 2x convertor you buy.
Some will not work with the some zoom lenses as a protruding front eement in the converter can damage a protruding rear element in the lens. I know that the Sigma 2x EX converter is a case in point as I recently purchased one cheap from a chap that had damaged his 75-300 zoom with one.
I use it with the Sigma 400 f5.6 APO Macro (the non-APO Macro 400s will not work with my EOS30).
The 400s can be got on e-bay for about £200 to £300 dependant on spec and condition.
I also use the 1.4 convertor, and thus have 560mm f8 and 800mm f13 available (if just a little 'soft').
Hope that helps.Roger

The Canon teleconverters only work with certain lenses. I have a Canon 1/4 and got a Quantaray 2x that will fit on any of my lenses and gives an amazingly good photo if I can hold the setup still enough or use a tripod. As far as I know, only Ritz sells it and it is made by Sigma. $89 US

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back