• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HP 7260 ? Other budget printers? (1 Viewer)

Richard D

what was that...
Supporter
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a cheap photo quality printer. I tend to get 6x4's printed in Boots when I've got 50 images saved up, but would like to be able to print the odd one up to A4 size. I'm not expecting to use it a great deal but would like something that will produce fairly good prints fairly cheaply and ideally be okay at producing the odd sheet of text.

The HP 7260 looks a bargain at £50 - anyone used it? Any views on this or other budget printers?

Thanks

Richard D said:
I'm in the market for a cheap photo quality printer. I tend to get 6x4's printed in Boots when I've got 50 images saved up, but would like to be able to print the odd one up to A4 size. I'm not expecting to use it a great deal but would like something that will produce fairly good prints fairly cheaply and ideally be okay at producing the odd sheet of text.

The HP 7260 looks a bargain at £50 - anyone used it? Any views on this or other budget printers?

Thanks

We bought an epson R300 a couple of months ago for £85 delivered from Comet ( same deal from PCworld ) and are very impressed with the results. So far we have printed ove 50 6x4 pictures and 50 DVD's ( most impressive that feature is ) and the cartridges are showing more than half full. I bought a box of 6x4 card for £12 from Choice Stationary ( http://www.choicestationery.com ) and I have also bought a set of 6 cartridges for £15 from the same source.
The printing is superb, edge to edge printing on all four sides. I liked the look of the HP printers but decided against when I found that those that i looked at would only print edge to edge on three sides, they need a tab on the bottom edge that is 11mm wide so that the machine can push the card throught the machine.

Richard D said:
I'm not expecting to use it a great deal but would like something that will produce fairly good prints fairly cheaply and ideally be okay at producing the odd sheet of text.
Thanks

Just a word of advice for low usage of ink jet printers. They give all sorts of problems if you dont use them every few days. Leave one unused for a few months the ink jets tend to dry out and cause blockages. Your into the realms of buying new expensive cartridges to clear the problem when the cartridge should of been OK. Then in the end it becomes totally blocked and fit for the trash can. Remember they almost give the printer away to get ink sales. drop for drop ink is dearer that the most expensive champagne.

8x10 photo prints are a few pounds which would work out cheaper if your volume is low.

A cheap Colour laserjet that uses toner may actually be cheaper in the long run.

Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back