• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with ID of Wabler or other small bird (1 Viewer)

pjhinde

This AM in my Fruitless Malberry Trees that are surounded by Bamboo (yes thats it) here in DFW Texas I saw a little bird 3.5 to 4.5 inches that had a 1/2 inch straight beak, uniform Olive or Gray-Green uniform head and back configuration something like the connecticut Wabler without the front neck/throat plate. The only truly distingishing thing is that his tail feathers about 1 inch had two white horizontal strips seperated by the grey/dull green or Olive color. Keep in mind this is the color I saw with a 1 hour new sun with a bird that is in a tree with wide green leaves so the true color could have been greatly distorted. The underside was pale grey/whitish. I might have detected some yellow but very very faint. (Again I think a sun thing). Any ideas. Song was a metalic type of song, I cannot reproduce the sound in words.

I also noticed what could have been either a Brown Creeper or a Winter Wren (without Tail raised as should have been) Again the beak seemed long for the birds body size. Maybe 4-5 inches.

It was a very busy bird morning for me. Another species should up that I have not yet ID'ed but the angles could not provide enough data for anyone to help on him. To bad I could not get better looks at all three since I know I have not seen these birds in my yard before. They did not seem too bothered by me, but they did move around alot.

Thanks
Pat

I know but i was just looking through old Q&A queries and, well this intruiged me! if any thing, i wan't to find out personally!!!!!!

The last time this user posted was five days after this query! It makes me wonder what happens to a user after they disappear from the forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back