• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bins do you keep in your car? (1 Viewer)

Vortex 8 x 42 Diamondback. I got them at a sale price. (About $160.00) They are very ruggedly built. I can afford to lose them but wouldn't like it if I did. They are easier to use (420' FOV) than the Nikon 9 x 25 Travelite I previously favored.
Bob

Last edited:
Lets see...which one of my neighbors don't I get along with?

Hmm, what type of car do they drive.

Ah, yes.

Oh, I keep my new Swaro EL HD 8.5x42s under the driver's seat of my 2008 Lincoln Navigator and I live on Main street, just down from the 7-11......

;)

Seriously, I don't keep any bins in my car at the present time. The last time I had designated "car bins" it was an old Bushnell Legacy 10x42, or was it a 10x50?

If I had to designate "car bins" right now it would probably be the Celestron Ultima DX 8x32s. They are fairly compact, offer excellent optical performance, and only cost me $75.

Somewhat similar, unless you're giving me a lift.

Nothing wrong with pragmatism. |8)|

Over here, the huge vehicle carries a Minolta 8x42, can't remember the model, but bought in Harrods, Knightsbridge, yonks ago and still performing.

Yeah. They have just been removed from the car. I wouldn´t care is someone stole the car (they´d actually be doing me a favour), but I´d be heartbroken to lose the bins.

What kind of CAR?
(maybe the car is worth a consideration instead .... I can leave all bins behind;))

The Artful Dodger

Civilization is evil, cars binoculars and all. It kills animals. And trees. ;)
I have this curious feeling it won´t be around for much longer. Dangerously degraded environment overpopulated by a species that can´t seem to organise its society in a just and stable manner. Sorry...what was this thread about? Oh yeah, bins in cars. Sorry I´ve given away all my cheap bins, I should have put one in the car....mind you, I hardly ever drive.

I don't have a car. Mass car ownership is evil.

Nascar ownership is worse - on an individual basis. But as there are not so many in the world and provides some entertainment, not as bad overall.

Mass nascar ownership would be exceedingly evil.

Mascara ownership is something completely different and not necessarily evil -depending on circumstances.

(Someone pls talk about bins again . . . ;) )

Normally the Pentax DCF SP 8x32. Since I've got them packed up to send in for eyecup repair, I've been hauling the DCF ED 8x32 back and forth. I'd leave it in the car, but it gets most of my use at home, too.

dantheman;1388864 Mascara ownership is something completely different and not necessarily evil -depending on circumstances. (Someone pls talk about bins again . . . ;) )[/QUOTE said:
It's also can be down right dangerous! Particularly when the female who is applying it is also tailgating you at 70 MPH on the Interstate!:eek!:
Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back