• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seeadler Optik of Germany. Any info?? (1 Viewer)

okcmco

Hi. I have come across a company called Seeadler Optik from Germany. They have binos, rifle scopes and spotting scopes. The Binos look good and seem to follow accepted design philosophies. But I can find no retailer in the US nor even any pricing, wether in Euros, Pounds or $'s. I would like to find out if anyone on the forum has used them and what your opinion (s) is/are about thier build quality, optical quality, weather prrofing, and banf for the buck. Also does anyone know where to get them in the US?
Thanks
okcmco

okcmco said:
Hi. I have come across a company called Seeadler Optik from Germany. They have binos, rifle scopes and spotting scopes. The Binos look good and seem to follow accepted design philosophies. But I can find no retailer in the US nor even any pricing, wether in Euros, Pounds or $'s. I would like to find out if anyone on the forum has used them and what your opinion (s) is/are about thier build quality, optical quality, weather prrofing, and banf for the buck. Also does anyone know where to get them in the US?
Thanks
okcmco

Hi,

I´ve never heard about Seeadler (BTW this means White Tailed Eagle) Optik. At least this isn´t a well known name in Germany.

Steve

I recently sold a small spotting scope made by Seeadler. It was made in Germany and it was a sort of gradeB+ scope. I had tried it as a small travel scope sinbce it collapsed and was fairly tiny. It appeared to be fully coated and the image was actually pretty good, although the field of view was very small. It was something like 16-45x by 50mm and would fit in a pocket. I have never seen any other product of theirs, but I would expect them all to be a step down from the great products. I hit on an Optolyth 25x70 as my travel scope and it is so good I almsot use nothing else now.

Happy Seeadler owner

okcmco said:
Thanks
okcmco

I have owned a pair of Seeadler 7x50 binoculars since 1969, and am very pleased with them. I bought them in a camera shop in Germany, and "cheap" was my primary specification at the time. I believe I paid about $20 U.S.

They've gotten a lot of use in fair weather and foul, and have been very durable. I only recently got into birding, and took them, along with two other pairs on my first birdwatching trek. I preferred the Seeadlers to the others (also very cheap) because of the wide viewing angle (estimated at about 630 feet at 1000 yards), which helped me to find almost all of the birds that others were pointing out. Also, the wide aperture is very helpful in low light conditions, literally providing a view that is brighter than with the naked eye. The optical quality is good enough to make out finely detailed trail marks, such as eye rings.

I don't have a clue where Seeadlers can be purchased, but I do want to share my positive experience with the brand on this forum.

Admin received this earlier today (we get a few laughs now and again), we can only presume this gentleman found this particular thread via a search engine. It may be of use to the aspiring hitman out there ;)

My english is bad,but i hope sou,you can understud me.I bay Seaadler optik riflescope 2003`in Budapest and i have a lotof problem whit them.I sand my scope in German fabrik,but they say:everithyng is OK.
My profesional is ARMURER!!!

FWIW, a used Jager Meister Seeadler 8x63 GA + hard leather case sold for £155 on eBay UK on 27th January: roof prism, green rubber armour, resembling the larger Optolyths...

Hi Pat,
I am curious about your 7x50 binoculars, the usual field of view is normally >130m/1000m (>390 feet at 1000 yards). If yours do have a fov of approximately 630 they would be quite unique!
Regards, John

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back