• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripping up Trump (1 Viewer)

dafi

I recieved this email today. Please have a read and join in the resistance and save some homes.

Hi,
Have a look at this:
http://www.38degrees.org.uk/the-bunker

Thousands have spoken out against US billionaire Donald Trump's plans to demolish family homes to build his massive golf course. But Trump hasn't given up yet. He's still pushing Aberdeenshire Council to force local families from their homes. We need to up the pressure again.

Tripping Up Trump have bought a piece of land slap bang in the middle of where Trump wants to build. We've found a legal way for thousands of us to sign up as co-owners of the land. That means as well as speaking up on behalf of the local people threatened by Trump, we can stand alongside them as fellow owners of land he wants to get his hands on.

A plot of land owned by thousands of us makes it a much trickier legal job for Trump. But it also sends a powerful message to the council. They'll know that if they do Trump's bidding, they're not just trampling on local residents, they're taking on thousands of us across Scotland and beyond.

It is simple and quick to sign-up to have your name added as a co-owner of the land. And it doesn't cost anything. Just click here:

I recieved this email today. Please have a read and join in the resistance and save some homes.

Hi,
Have a look at this:

Thousands have spoken out against US billionaire Donald Trump's plans to demolish family homes to build his massive golf course. But Trump hasn't given up yet. He's still pushing Aberdeenshire Council to force local families from their homes. We need to up the pressure again.

Tripping Up Trump have bought a piece of land slap bang in the middle of where Trump wants to build. We've found a legal way for thousands of us to sign up as co-owners of the land. That means as well as speaking up on behalf of the local people threatened by Trump, we can stand alongside them as fellow owners of land he wants to get his hands on.

A plot of land owned by thousands of us makes it a much trickier legal job for Trump. But it also sends a powerful message to the council. They'll know that if they do Trump's bidding, they're not just trampling on local residents, they're taking on thousands of us across Scotland and beyond.

It is simple and quick to sign-up to have your name added as a co-owner of the land. And it doesn't cost anything. Just click here:

His private plane was met by the leader of Aberdeenshire council, so we know where that lot stand!
Trump then calls the farmer,s land whom he is trying to buy "a slum" in a media conference, yes it is a slum, but it's his slum Mr Trump!
With talk in the media of perhaps possible compulsery order purchases being carried out by the council, what right does this bloke have to try and oust people from their homes!
I am afraid that stuck in my throat so I will be signing this, and I urge others who value peoples freedom and right to live where and how they wish to do so also.

Last edited:
Also signed. Had to use my mother's postcard, but any mail sent there will be forwarded abroad. Hopefully serving a compulsory purchase overseas will just screw things up a little more.

I've signed this too.

Local government in Aberdeenshire, and perhaps in Scotland more generally, isn't operating with a particularly high level of integrity these days.

For whatever it's worth as I'm in Canada, I tried to sign up but the form wouldn't accept my postal code.

What a loathsome figure this "man" is.

Anyone needing a UK postcode can find one by rooting around on the web.

It appears it's cheaper to buy a politician than wig these days. Hard times indeed.

Twite.

Signed; he's not only evicting local residents from their homes, but he is building on top of Aberdeenshire's finest sand-dunes, home to some great wildlife. An absolute disgrace, hence why I completely back this.

Joseph

We should be clear here this wont stop the golf course with this action. This is to preserve the houses from being compulsrly purchased for demolition to provide a better view for the hotel.

Every little helps!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back