• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parkgate & Inner Marsh Farm, Wirral, Merseyside (1 Viewer)

Remote

Had a good day out on Friday but the high tide at Parkgate failed to materialise to the extent we'd hoped. We saw a fabulous female Hen harrier but not much else. Did anyone go down there today?

Back in the late 70's when I occasionally visited Parkgate (from Manchester) I would celebrate (or console myself, depending) by getting a little bag of the most delicious prawns. I wondered if that was still possible?

Also, I remember one visit where I watched a Wilson's Phalarope - or was it a Buff-breasted Sandpiper? No I didn't confuse the two - I have lost my notebooks from that time unfortunately (while I left the UK). Does anybody know which of these was recorded between 1975-1979?

Back in the late 70's when I occasionally visited Parkgate (from Manchester) I would celebrate (or console myself, depending) by getting a little bag of the most delicious prawns. I wondered if that was still possible?

Also, I remember one visit where I watched a Wilson's Phalarope - or was it a Buff-breasted Sandpiper? No I didn't confuse the two - I have lost my notebooks from that time unfortunately (while I left the UK). Does anybody know which of these was recorded between 1975-1979?

Both!

Cheers!...seems like I also saw Wilson's Phalarope there too, or nearby as it wasn't anywhere else in Cheshire or Lancashire that I can remember. I used to walk a few miles north along the edge of the saltmarsh with fields on the left. I bet I missed loads then with my Jenoptems and no scope. They were the days I really learned ID..the hard way!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back