• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where can I ask bird science questions on this forum? (1 Viewer)

I'm reading a book by Donald Kroodsma about birdsong. It's my first bird book and my introduction into the world of birds! I have so many questions, really really simple questions. So I really need some help. If anyone could PM me to answer some simple, really stupid questions I would really love it.

(why are none of the smilies here related to birds by the way, whose idea was that?)

widowberriesdotnet, welcome to birdforum.

This is not a bad place to start asking: but please check back to read the answer.

Additionally, please notice the "resources" part of our Opus: http://www.birdforum.net/opus/Resources_Portal

There are 6 pages with bird related dictionary and one page with bird topography.

Niels

Hi wb.net, welcome to BF (the land of many abbreviations)!

Probably best to post the questions out there on an open forum (e.g., "Birds & Birding" or "Bird Behaviour") to get as many opinions as possible. Don't worry, we don't bite! Now that you're signed up, you'll find the Advanced Search is quick to use as well, you can play around with that a bit.

(I think the emoticons are just part of a set provided by the host, and therefore not specific to us at all).

(Anyway, you missed this one: :flyaway:)

|:p|

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back