• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Review of Ultravid HDs (1 Viewer)

You can read it in English.It boils down to, they are a slight inprovement on the proceeding model,but not alot. Makes you realise what good value the Zeiss fls are.!!
fiddler.

Excerpts in blue:

The latter, for birdwatchers several major renewal in kijkergebied, took place in 1989 by Leica Trinovid when the series was largely replaced by a new design.

Like the previous series, the HD viewers mechanically very well built. In vriestest exhibit the interior condensing hardly instruments and all moving parts are still working at -20 ° C.

The light is somewhat larger than during selected viewers of Swarovski, but still slightly lower than the Zeiss FL viewers.

Reads like a Monte Python sketch.

Quite amusing.

Thanks, Ted ... Needed a good chuckle.

Last edited:
Excerpts in blue:
Reads like a Monte Python sketch.

(...)

Fortunately machines cannot yet replace humans in every respect, and at least not in distinctly human capacities such as language!

Summed up very briefly the report says that the Ultravid HD models are an improvement over the Ultravids, albeit a relatively slight one rather than a revolutionary leap.
This is what we had come to expect from the retention of the name and external design anyway, didn't we?

All in all, in case of decision-making for an HD over a non-HD, what I have read here and elsewhere seems to necessitate a direct eye by eye comparision of the two versions.

Tom

Looks like you won't be out of a job just yet, Tom.;)

Not yet. But my fuel cell (1st generation prototype) has recently begun to leak. So I am not sure how much longer I'll be around.
Maybe they will have an HD version soon that's going to replace me.

Low Tech Tom

Attachments

• marvin1.jpg
    marvin1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 107
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back