• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Thailand (1 Viewer)

Tonkin14

Hello all,

Here are some birds from northern Thailand that I would love help IDing. All pictures were taken near the Golden Triangle area. I think #4 is a Black-Backed Swamphen, as it looks dark to me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9509 - Version 2.JPG
    IMG_9509 - Version 2.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9536 - Version 2.JPG
    IMG_9536 - Version 2.JPG
    494 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9537 - Version 2.JPG
    IMG_9537 - Version 2.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0147 - Version 2.jpg
    IMG_0147 - Version 2.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0164 - Version 2.JPG
    IMG_0164 - Version 2.JPG
    509.2 KB · Views: 54
Oh, good! I was hoping someone would say Purple Heron. I *think* I've seen one before in Sam Roi Yot, but it was too far away to be certain.

How about White-cheeked starling (F) for #3?

I'm thinking Pin-striped Tit Babbler, with stripy throat and white iris for #2 ...

Last edited:
I agree with most of the IDs

1. Rufous-winged Buzzard
2. Pin-striped Tit-Babbler
3. Grey-breasted Prinia
4. Purple Swamphen
5. Purple Heron

I was thinking a juvenile, the tail looks fine to me, but I guess the bill could be a bit long. The other possibility is a Tailorbird, but I quite don't like the look of the tail for that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back