• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not holding my breath but...... (1 Viewer)

Paminfra

Hello again from the free wind-up connection I lost earlier! The only bird news from here at the moment is no news really. The Hen Harriers are around but so far, Lapwings in small numbers excepted, there appear to be no Redwings and no Fieldfares. If this is global warming I don't like it! Still one Little Egret at one of the lakes but no Teal or any other ducks than the all year round residents. It rains and it rains and it rains......

Happy New Year to you all and very many thanks to those who have managed to keep in touch, it has been greatly appreciated. :flowers:

Oh Pam it's so good to have you back with us :flowers:

I have lots of the usual birds in our garden and it's quite exciting but i am just so pleased to see your post. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Welcome back xx

Attachments

• newyear2.gif
    newyear2.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 18
Welcome back Pam :flowers:

Haven't had many winter thrushes myself so far this winter - a few Redwings on Holy Island in late October but no Fieldfares at all yet :h?:

And bonjour from me too! You might have been out of sight, but certainly not out of mind!
No I don't think global warming is very welcome anywhere. We just don't know what to expect anymore. And whatever the reason may be, I haven't had any of my likely special winter visitors yet. Don't know what it's like in Brittany, but where I am it's just grey, grey, grey. And now that the Christmas lights have come down it is positively awful.

Renee Redstart said:
And bonjour from me too! You might have been out of sight, but certainly not out of mind!
No I don't think global warming is very welcome anywhere. We just don't know what to expect anymore. And whatever the reason may be, I haven't had any of my likely special winter visitors yet. Don't know what it's like in Brittany, but where I am it's just grey, grey, grey. And now that the Christmas lights have come down it is positively awful.

Thanks everyone, it's great to be back though I'm not sure if I'm doing it right....we'll see when the bill arrives!!! Grey, grey, grey here too, Renee, but somewhere in the camera I have an off-white speck which might be a Hen Harrier though i haven't downloaded it yet. And it's not just the winter Thrushes which aren't around, it's the everything Thrushes. Very odd. Hope to be able to keep you posted as and when! :bounce:

Hi Pam,
Welcome back again Pam. Good to hear from you. The weather is sooooo horrid isn't it?? just more & more rain...oh for those cold frosty sunny mornings!!
I've had a very busy garden & feeders today, including two Song Thrushes! I'll attach a couple of photos for you to be going on with until yours return ;) (They're not brilliant photos, as it was bucketing down at the time!!)
All the Best Pam,

Attachments

• S.Thrush.jpg
    S.Thrush.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 21
  • S.Thrush (1).jpg
    S.Thrush (1).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 19
  • S.Thrush (2).jpg
    S.Thrush (2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
Judo said:
Hi Pam,
Welcome back again Pam. Good to hear from you. The weather is sooooo horrid isn't it?? just more & more rain...oh for those cold frosty sunny mornings!!
I've had a very busy garden & feeders today, including two Song Thrushes! I'll attach a couple of photos for you to be going on with until yours return ;) (They're not brilliant photos, as it was bucketing down at the time!!)
All the Best Pam,

Great pictures, Judo, I'm envious! I think the daily arrival of Mme Sparrowhawk slap bang in the middle of my bird table has a lot to do with it. It's quite funny really because the table is in the middle of a good open space so all the birds can see her long before she arrives and she doesn't get anything. But back to the Thrushes it is so strange not to be seeing them, even the fields at the reserve are totally empty of them. Perhaps a cold spell would do them, and us, a bit of good. It is eternally wet here too and decidedly squelchy. And talking of birds, I must go and feed them as they will be up and waiting now........

Hi Pam,
It must be fantastic to see Hen Harriers, you are very lucky.
I love your pics Judo, he is fabulous.
Hope you have better luck with your connection this year Pam.

pie said:
Hi Pam,
It must be fantastic to see Hen Harriers, you are very lucky.
I love your pics Judo, he is fabulous.
Hope you have better luck with your connection this year Pam.

You're right, Pie. It is wonderful to have the Hen Harriers (we also get Montague's here though not where I live!) and one day I hope to get a reasonable shot of one but they are very, very fast!

All being well I should have (she said crossing everything uncomfortably) everything sorted and wireless so please cross your fingers, it has been a long time in the making!!! :eek!:

Oh and Mary, this is totally off-topic but did you manage to give up smoking? :C :C :C

Great to see you back with us Pam, even though you are making us all envious of your Hen Harriers ;)

Happy New Year and a hopefully trouble free PC one!! :flowers: :flowers:

Pam_m said:
Great to see you back with us Pam, even though you are making us all envious of your Hen Harriers ;)

Happy New Year and a hopefully trouble free PC one!! :flowers: :flowers:

Thanks, Namesake! I hope so too. In fact, if all goes according to plan, I should be able in three or four weeks to send e-mails from my little truckle bed as I should have a wireless set up by then!!! So look out for Owl mails!!! :eek!:

Welcome back Pam!!!
Good to have you back with us again!
We had the pleasure of watching a Peregrine Falcon locally yesterday!!!! Wow what a sight it was too....though as yours far to fast for a pic!!!
Best wishes,

Ruth Daniel said:
Welcome back Pam!!!
Good to have you back with us again!
We had the pleasure of watching a Peregrine Falcon locally yesterday!!!! Wow what a sight it was too....though as yours far to fast for a pic!!!
Best wishes,

That's always a stroke of luck, Ruth, isn't it. I saw one this time last year and couldn't keep up with it even trying to use manual focus! Alas it would have been yet another grey dot to add to the collection. Better luck next time..

Hi Pam.
It's very good to have you back with us; I thought you'd kicked us into touch. LOL!! I hope you get your gear sorted out so that you will have no excuses for staying away. ;)

All the very best wishes for the New Year.
Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back