• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Finch Cross?? Partial Albino?? (1 Viewer)

This little guy has been hanging out outside our kitchen window in Southern Utah for a few days now. The local bird people are guessing that he might be a House Finch cross (but what with?) or possibly a partial albino. What do you think??

Attachments

• 2004 01-04 birds 018 resized.jpg
    2004 01-04 birds 018 resized.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 2004 01-04 birds 026 resized.jpg
    2004 01-04 birds 026 resized.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 272
I'd guess that it's an albino as I can't imagine where it would have got the white face patch traits from any other US Bird - very pretty though. Come to think of it I saw a partial albino housefinch in Central Park, NY last year which had a white mohican - it had me very excited for a nano-second until I worked out what it was.

Luke

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back