• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adaptor For Opticron (1 Viewer)

Ian Bell

Supporter
Scotland
I have recently bought a Opticron 60mm + 20-60 Zoom Scope.Is this Scope any use for Digi-Scoping ? If so,I could use some advice,regarding adaptors etc.Any help would be appreciated.

Ben Nevis said:
I have recently bought a Opticron 60mm + 20-60 Zoom Scope.Is this Scope any use for Digi-Scoping ? If so,I could use some advice,regarding adaptors etc.Any help would be appreciated.

Ben, you can use virtually any scope for digiscoping.

Regarding adapters have a good look through this forum, there are several home-made types that might give you ideas and probably best of all, if you can afford £90, is the SRB-Griturn adapter.
But before you buy anything hand hold your camera up to the scope to make sure that is OK.

Regards

John

john-henry said:
Ben, you can use virtually any scope for digiscoping.

Regarding adapters have a good look through this forum, there are several home-made types that might give you ideas and probably best of all, if you can afford £90, is the SRB-Griturn adapter.
But before you buy anything hand hold your camera up to the scope to make sure that is OK.

Regards

John

Thanks for your advice John,much appreciated.

When I first started Digiscoping I used a Baader Microstage (£30) with my Optolyth scope..So if you don't want to splash out straight away try one. There a bit bulky but sturdy and can be removed easily.

Photo Here

Ben Nevis said:
Thanks Vernon.Can anyone else add to my request ?

Hi ben

You might like to contact cley spy in norfolk,they will be familiar with this scope as they have that same model secondhand at present.They also fitted
this particular scope (before I sold it to you!) with an adaptor for use with opticron HDF eyepieces.I'm sure they can provide all the fittings you would need for some digiscoping.If you can't find the products you need from the website it might be best to give them a call..

www.cleyspy.co.uk

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back