• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Continuous ink systems (1 Viewer)

Stephen Fletcher

Yes, i did take the photo of the Eagle
My Epson R800 died recently, probably from overuse, as i print a lot of images, so the £500 it cost me has done quite well. Looking for a replacement, i bought a Canon IP 4850 as i had been told it was a pretty good printer, and it only cost me £80 with free shipping to Spain. Test images proved to have excellent resolution but i was never happy with the colour rendition, leaning towards a magenta cast on every print. Not wanting to sort this out with Canon inks, as they cost a fortune, i decided to wait until the cartridges were empty, with the idea of buying a Continuous Ink System, and then having a printer profile done. The CISS came today ( from City Ink Express, only taking 5 days, including a weekend and a public holiday here to Spain ), was fitted, and a few test prints done. I am amazed at the quality of the image, with the colours being spot on, so i now do not need to do a printer profile, saving even more money. The CISS will work out at the equivalent of £1.14 per cartridge, compared to the Canon ones at over £8 each, and as the ink is dye based, there should be no problems with fading of images either.

All in all a pretty good deal for superb prints, and far cheaper too.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back