• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdfair 2013 (1 Viewer)

Just in case you wondered what I looked like here is a shot from 4 years ago (on the occasion of my 50th birthday and one and only gig, 100pts for guessing what I am murdering)

Attachments

• robG.jpg
    robG.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 273
Just in case you wondered what I looked like here is a shot from 4 years ago (on the occasion of my 50th birthday and one and only gig, 100pts for guessing what I am murdering)
This is only a guess but i think we can safely rule out classical8-P
;)Nigel.

Oooh! Have I started a trend?

As for what you're singing please let it be anything other than 'I did it My Way'!

Actually my favourite piece of music is classical, Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto, but in that shot I think I am singing 'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd, and I am sure David Gilmour (my hero) is glad he was not there.

I read a rumour that Margaret Atwood is going to be at Bird Fair, would like to meet her read a couple of her books, extremely well written (perhaps she would accept a copy of mine!)

Clicking on your photo failed to enlarge it, but I was wondering - is your other name Attila the Stockbroker?

Just seen the weather forecast local to my area

It is going to be rainy off and on Friday - though am is less better than pm
Windy and dry on Saturday
Much better 'dry' day on Sunday

I guess it is a welly boot/walking boot and mac day...once more

Regards
Kathy
x

Clicking on your photo failed to enlarge it, but I was wondering - is your other name Attila the Stockbroker?

Not sure if you mean am I that person because that person exists elsewhere (no I am not) or whether you are just being rude!

I am slightly taller and less right wing than Attila and I am not a stockbroker either!

I am of course an author ;-)

Last edited:
Not sure if you mean am I that person because that person exists elsewhere (no I am not) or whether you are just being rude!

I am slightly taller and less right wing than Attila and I am not a stockbroker either!

I am of course an author ;-)

No, just joking, of course, and no offense intended. I am actually a great fan of Attila the Stockbroker, who also happens to be an author, of a book (or books?) of poems. I've seen photos of him in a similar pose to your's in your photograph. I suppose that it is true to say that most guitarists have a similar pose when holding their instrument.

P.S. If I was at the Bird Fair I would buy a copy of your book to go alongside my Attila CD.

I have persuaded my puter to generate a badge. I will be wearing it on a lanyard. It says on it "Colin" and below is the word "BirdForum" and the logo. Say hello if you see me or not as the case may be. I will be around on Friday only.

I am driving all the way from East Lancs to Rutland most likely alone on Saturday. Is any one interested in a car share? If that is not an option then what about public transport from Manchester to the reserve and back. PM me if any one wants to car share or go with me etc.

Hi Colin

Can you show us a photos of your badge so we could get some ideas of our own (if you do not mind that is) :gh:

Regards
Kathy
x

Oooh! Have I started a trend?

As for what you're singing please let it be anything other than 'I did it My Way'!

I agree. That 'song' is my personal hate. If I hear it as I approach Rutland tomorrow in the car, I will turn around and go home. I think it is the most awful song and especially when sung by that guy Sinatra it is doubly bad. Arrrggghh. ;););)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back