• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dorset coast, UK (1 Viewer)

Swindon Addick

Supporter
Wales
This was at Chesil Beach in mid-September a couple of years ago. I assume it was about to head off south (there were swallows and house martins doing just that at the time).

My limited ID skills require a much better photo than this, and it flew off before I could attempt a second shot, so I'm hoping someone can make some sense out of the image. Even if it turns out to be a robin at a funny angle!

Attachments

• 14-9-09.jpg
    14-9-09.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 148
Thanks both. Armed with that suggestion I looked it up in the RSPB book and found a picture of a female wheatear from more or less the same angle! Much obliged.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back