• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this distant bird a Ring Ouzel? (1 Viewer)

markyb2

Mark
I know it's not much too go on, but can someone please confirm that this a ring ouzel. It is the first I've seen so a little unsure in IDing.

Thanks

Mark

Attachments

• Lower River Test 9th November 2005 031d.jpg
    Lower River Test 9th November 2005 031d.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 213
markyb2 said:
I know it's not much too go on, but can someone please confirm that this a ring ouzel. It is the first I've seen so a little unsure in IDing.

Thanks

Mark

Unless it's a blackbird wearing a bib ;-)

It certainly is a Ring Ouzel I have enlarged the shot for you gives you a bit better ID of it.

Attachments

• Lower River Test 9th November 2005 031d.jpg
    Lower River Test 9th November 2005 031d.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 204
It's worthy of note however that my "first" Ring Ouzel turned out to be a regulation Blackbird thats albinism was almost wholly limited to a bib-it does happen!

Last edited:
How exciting. I watched this chap from afar for a few minutes, and was amazed by how 'blackbird-like' his behaviour was in every respect (coming from the same family I guess I shouldn't be too surpised but it was kinda weird to watch).

Great thats another one knocked off my 'birds I must see list'!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back