• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eos 40d (1 Viewer)

Did you notice at the bottom of the page the bit about Import Tax/Duty ? Then again I did not think there was any Import Tax/Duty on cameras.

I haven't heard them, but I have used URGALAXY in Hongkong. I have ordered about £3500 worth of equipment from them and have never had a problem with taxes. With postage they quote £685 for body only. Usually is on your doorstep in three days.

There is no import duty on digital cameras but vat at 17% is added to the camera price plus the postage.7 dayshop are advertizing the 40D at £769 inc a Sandisk 2 gig card worth about £ 20 that only makes it £37 more for UK warranty and any manuals etc in English worth the extra i would have thought.

Last edited:
Just did a bit more windowshopping - trying to justify the outlay (to myself; wife's fine about it!) and found body for £675 at hidigital.co.uk (plus £15 delivery - cheapest - even though it says £8.01 below price in ad?). No mention of cashback, seems to be standard price, UK supplier, so I guess the true price with delivery and after claiming the cashback will be £640!

Can anyone better this price, and does anyone have experience of this supplier please?

Just did a bit more windowshopping - trying to justify the outlay (to myself; wife's fine about it!) and found body for £675 at hidigital.co.uk (plus £15 delivery - cheapest - even though it says £8.01 below price in ad?). No mention of cashback, seems to be standard price, UK supplier, so I guess the true price with delivery and after claiming the cashback will be £640!

Can anyone better this price, and does anyone have experience of this supplier please?

Hi Mark

I came across this web page too - they don't seem to have much feedback yet & asked a similar question on another forum. The consensus was that they are grey imports. If so this means

1) You could have warranty issues as Canon UK won't touch it &

2) You may or may not be able to get the cash back.

I suppose like most things the bigger the savings the bigger the risk

I tend to use www.camerapricebuster.co.uk for the best current deals as this searches the main UK suppliers

Hope this helps
Andrew

Thanks Andrew

In particular the lack of cashback makes price similar to established UK firms (Warehouse Express/7day shop) with no warranty issues (or excessive delivery charges/waiting times!), so I guess it's a no-no with hidigital.

Well, I've done the dirty deed and ordered it!

Dixons are doing a "£25 off all purchases over £499" offer, so I managed to pick it up for £719.04 plus £4.95 postage, and will be eligible for cashback, so total cost £673.99 net....not too bad!

Last edited:
Well, I've done the dirty deed and ordered it!

Dixons are doing a "£25 off all purchases over £499" offer, so I managed to pick it up for £719.04 plus £4.95 postage, and will be eligible for cashback, so total cost £673.99 net....not too bad!

Congrats on your new purchase - I've just also seen that Dixons will price match http://www.dixons.co.uk/dixons-price-match/ but I think you may have had to work hard to persuade them re HiDigital - don't know if anyone else has tried. Just an idea for anyone else who likes an argument ;)

Even so I think you've done a pretty good deal :t:

For completeness, thought I should just say the camera arrived today - I'd opted for ordinary post, not express, so could have taken until Friday - just have to wait for the weekend to try it out properly! Dog may end up having yet more photos taken as I don't think I can wait 'til Sat...

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back