• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

possibly 2nd cy Heuglin´s Gull??? Brandenburg, Germany (1 Viewer)

fabalis

Hi, this bird looks strange to me. Dark upperparts, pure white head, breast, flanks and belly, light dark streaking on nape and breast-sides, contrasting white Underwing, old outer primaries, slender, long-winged appearence, blue-greyish hue on median coverts and some scaps, etc.?
Can anybody help?

Cheers - f.

Attachments

• DSCN4247.JPG
    DSCN4247.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN4258.jpg
    DSCN4258.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 54
Thanks Omar!
That was/is my problem. Structually it reminds me more of Caspian than of Baltic. See in comparison with nice cach. in foreground (next pic.) and rather pale grey 3rd? gen. median covs and scaps...

greets - f.

Attachments

• DSCN4245.JPG
    DSCN4245.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN4260.JPG
    DSCN4260.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN4252.JPG
    DSCN4252.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 41
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back