• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

paintings (1 Viewer)

dont worry Gaby just keep learning. More of a ground pose than on a branch. But I still love your House sparrow and the colours are good.

Thank you for the cheering up words Arthur.

The feet are wrong, is right.

I must still learn a lot.

friendly greetings Gaby

learning is all any of us can do, but there is plenty in this piece to be proud of too - beautiful colours and a delightful expression.

Thank you for the cheering up words Arthur.

The feet are wrong, is right.

I must still learn a lot.

friendly greetings Gaby

Hi Gaby,

I think the bird in itself is very successful. My guess is that Arthur is saying that the feet are drawn so that they look like they are flat on the ground not grasping the tree limb that you've put him on. Did you draw him while he was on the ground? Or was he actually in a tree like this? I think that's the only question. Everything else looks very good. In terms of the sparrow itself I think it's one of your best so far.

Keep at it!

Thanks a lot Nick and Tim

I think that I learn in BF from the Best

Soly,thank you, first I draw the Sparrow

I will rework the picture

in my head I know like it should look, only the chalk does not make what I would want

love you all for the friendly way to help me

greetings Gaby

Thanks a lot Nick and Tim

in my head I know like it should look, only the chalk does not make what I would want

Isn't this a perfect statement:-O

We've all been there Gaby....try to draw the shape you see without even calling it feet or wings or head.

Have some more time because of vacation...

so sometimes the revised version

Attachments

• bilder_400_300.jpg
    bilder_400_300.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 69
Very nice work on the earlier three images - I especially like the African Grey. The House Sparrow looks fine - keep at it!

NIce sparrow Gaby, definitely looks more at home on the ground.

Take a look at the birds in your garden and see what happens to their feet when they perch on a twig. Looking hard at the living birds will help you with your drawings of them enormously.

Keep it up!

Mike

Thanks a lot Nick,Arthur,John and Mike

like it ,to watch the birds ,but I didn`t look at the feet |:$|

today I draw this two birds from a photo

Cuckoo's fledglings and pipe singers

Attachments

• bilder 004_400_300.jpg
    bilder 004_400_300.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 60
  • bilder 006_400_300.jpg
    bilder 006_400_300.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 64
  • bilder 009_300_400.jpg
    bilder 009_300_400.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 74
wonderful! dramatic pose from the warbler and a gargantuan cuckoo chick - it's best to try and ignore feet if possible - I hardly ever paint feet properly, I think my methods and style developed because of feet!

NIce sparrow Gaby, definitely looks more at home on the ground.

Take a look at the birds in your garden and see what happens to their feet when they perch on a twig. Looking hard at the living birds will help you with your drawings of them enormously.

Keep it up!

Mike

Much improved Gaby! Mike and Nick offer some good advice. Keep at it. You're improving quickly.

be glad ....thank you so much Nick ,Soly and Arthur

must laughing about the gargantuan cuckoo chick....the chick think that the warbler is his mother and want food :-O:-O

friendly greetings Gaby

I love the way the little warbler looks as though it's leaning back slightly, worried about that huge gape in front of it!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back