• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Metabones Smart Adapter for Canon lenses on mFT (1 Viewer)

Dan,
thanks for sharing. I am personally wanting to wait for the pana/leica 100-400 is out; I probably will go that way, but knowing there are alternatives sounds good.

By the way, to keep this a little more Oly relevant: the rumors site now say that the 300 pro oly m4/3 lens will have built in IS, making it more attractive to pana shooters.

Niels

Dan, I was strictly talking about my own post. All of your posts are Oly relevant because you use the E-M1 ;)

Niels

GH2. When I move to a new lens (at this point most likely 100-400) I expect to move to something newer. Either the current G7 or the by then current em1 are my best guesses on my next camera.

Niels
(click my name at the left, then click the link to my gallery if you want to see what I have done ...) :-O

If you are sticking with Panasonic then the 100-400 is for sure the better bet as the Canon 400/5.6 has no internal IS. If you are into nature/birds, you can never have enough reach and I would suspect that your zoom would get "stuck" at 400mm. I switch back and forth between the 400 alone and with the 1.4x Extender. I have both the wonderful Oly FT 50-200 and the neat little mFT 75-300, but I hardly ever use them.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back