• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help needed for Thailand & Singapore (1 Viewer)

Deb335077

Please help and confirm or correct my guesses, all were taken in Hue Hin (90 miles south of Bangkok) in Thailand except the last that was taken in Singapore, Sungei Buloh Wetlands
1. which of the oriole
2. maybe a Munia but which
3. Which Sunbird
4. which Stork
5. Oriental Pied Hornbill

Thanks for any help given
Debbie

Attachments

• 20 IMG_1957 email oriole hue hin day14.jpg
    20 IMG_1957 email oriole hue hin day14.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20 IMG_3128 email Bangkok little brown one day 16.jpg
    20 IMG_3128 email Bangkok little brown one day 16.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 20 IMG_3769 email Bangkok sunbird day 16.jpg
    20 IMG_3769 email Bangkok sunbird day 16.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20 IMG_3833 email Bangkok maybe Stork day 16.jpg
    20 IMG_3833 email Bangkok maybe Stork day 16.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20 IMG_8320 Email Singapore Oriental Pied Hornbill day 7.jpg
    20 IMG_8320 Email Singapore Oriental Pied Hornbill day 7.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 44
1) Black naped Oriole
2) Scaly breasted Munia
3) Olive backed sunbird
4) Picture unclear but could be wooly necked stork
5) looks good for oriental pied

Woolly-necked Stork would be a fantastic record for Hua Hin (or Bangkok as the data file name suggests...) if it is one, and I'm at a loss to explain what else it could be...

Sorry it is a bad quality photo and the only one I got. It was while travelling from Hue Hin to Bangkok but would have been much nearer Bangkok I think

I've just come back from Hua Hin Deb. Got most of the birds you photo'd. Out of curiosity, where did you see the Oriental pied Hornbill?
I managed to meet up with Tombec while I was there. he showed me some excellent birds.
I'd tend to go with his verdict.

Regards,

Padraig

I've just come back from Hua Hin Deb. Got most of the birds you photo'd. Out of curiosity, where did you see the Oriental pied Hornbill?
I managed to meet up with Tombec while I was there. he showed me some excellent birds.
I'd tend to go with his verdict.

Regards,

Padraig

It was taken at the Sungei Buloh Wetland Preserve (I think about 1/2 hour drive out of city centre) I found the details on the internet before I went.
Debbie

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back