• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malaysian bird - just for fun! (1 Viewer)

Blimey Dave that's a mind-bender!

I can't quite equate one or two points against a certain feature. Cracking shot, I'm going to have to make a cuppa and think about it!

Right, don't give it away yet, but I reckon it has to be an FB hanging in the wind despite reservations.

Looking forward to other suggestions!

Yes, that's what I thought. Surprised at the apparent neck length and thickness of the bill base but that tail....

Very arty!

Very good group effort there - spot on! Here's the full unexpurgated version. They do make wonderful shapes don't they?

Attachments

• Lesser Frigatebird_off P Tioman_211011_IMG_9722.jpg
    Lesser Frigatebird_off P Tioman_211011_IMG_9722.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 79
Wonderful! I still get that 'wow' bit with the apparent length of the neck twist..the tail was the clue though.

Primeval shapes and effortless elegance.

Great challenge!

Wonderful! I still get that 'wow' bit with the apparent length of the neck twist..the tail was the clue though.

Primeval shapes and effortless elegance.

Great challenge!

Primeval is the word! Nazgul drawn by a cartoonist on magic mushrooms!

Attachments

• Lesser Frigatebird_off P Tioman_211011_IMG_9383.jpg
    Lesser Frigatebird_off P Tioman_211011_IMG_9383.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 75
Which one?

Bill's quite short and no foot projection, though could be holding them bent/dangling and in shadow. Can't think what else it could be, except perhaps a Malayan?

Let's not make personal comments about Bill! Not sure if this helps? Probably not!

Dave

Attachments

• Mystery3.jpg
    Mystery3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 81
scrap that,

green imperial pigeon...

:eek!:

EDIT: posted that before the second photo.....

so....

no idea!!

nicobar pigeon

Mmmm, you might be in the right ball park there James, scratching his head thinking...

Imperial's... Maybe

Nicobar's, do they fly :-O

Still thinking..

Mmmm, you might be in the right ball park there James, scratching his head thinking...

Imperial's... Maybe

Nicobar's, do they fly :-O

Still thinking..

They do and it did, so well done James!

This was juv doing a spot of island-hopping. Weird-looking things! Just writing up the blog now, so more details soon!

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• Nicobar Pigeon_Pulau Tengah_221011_IMG_9736'.jpg
    Nicobar Pigeon_Pulau Tengah_221011_IMG_9736'.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Excellent!

Well done James.

Last image reminds me of a Watercock!
Googled for flying Nicobars and found none, guess it's because they look so smart on terra firma.

Next one Dave ;)

Excellent!

Well done James.

Last image reminds me of a Watercock!
Googled for flying Nicobars and found none, guess it's because they look so smart on terra firma.

Next one Dave ;)

Try this one!

Dave

Attachments

• mystery4.jpg
    mystery4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 85
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back