• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CT Bird advice for a film (2 Viewers)

rogmidd

Hi all,
I'm doing sound post production for a low budget feature film set in Connecticut.
As i'm australian, i don't know the local wildlife so well, so i was wondering if someone could help me out with what birds one might hear at different times of the day in suburban CT.
The times i'm specifically after are (all winter):
Morning (ie. 7am-10am)
Afternoon/Evening (ie. 3pm-7pm)
Early Morning (ie. just before sunrise)

If there's nothing much around in winter, i can go for autumn as well.

Your help would be greatly help me put in the detail this film deserves.

Thanks!

Roger

Hi,
Winter you should get Nuthatches and Chickadees, plus Downy Woodpeckers pretty much all day, ditto Blue Jays. These are all pretty vocal. They are all feeder birds, but in any case winter here is hard enough and the days short enough that the feeding is pretty much nonstop.Crows are around also, but pretty intermittently.
Do note there is a good website here: http://nycbirdreport.com/index.html that lists birds found around New York City by day of the year. It is a good proxy for Connecticut for this purpose.

Also, in addition to the great advice above, Cardinals, Canada Geese, White-throat Sparrows, and Juncos.

I'm a birder/filmmaker/CT resident myself, and very much appreciate your concern about ornithological accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back