• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two mushrooms for ID please. (1 Viewer)

Rudegar

Hi. The first one was growing in woodland but looks so much like the meadow waxcap, could it be the white version of it even though it's not a meadow. The second I took to be a Russet Toughshank (because of a russet colour) but the spores were spherical, could it be Collybia distorta instead??
Thanks!

Attachments

• Fungi-5-8.jpg
    Fungi-5-8.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Fungi-4-8.jpg
    Fungi-4-8.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 54
  • Fungi-2.jpg
    Fungi-2.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Fungi-3-10.jpg
    Fungi-3-10.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Fungi-6-3.jpg
    Fungi-6-3.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 47
Hi Colin,

I would look in the genus Hygrophorus for the first species.

I'm sure you're correct with the second, though the current name is apparently Rhodocollybia prolixa var. distorta.

Cheers,
Nick

Cheers,
Nick

Thanks Nick, Hygophorus hasn't come on my radar yet. Last year I found a load of what I took to be the normal looking Hygrocybe pratensis, these were in a wood as well, which I thought a bit odd - so they would probably be Hygophorus as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back