• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to remove the branch (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello everyone, i keep on reading that one can clone some element on a shot and remove it, i have tried so much for the last week to figer out how is that done with PSE 7 but i could not. :smoke:

could anyone give me an idiot guide :-O on how to remove the branch that is in front of its face for this shot.

thanks in advance o:D

Attachments

• LWT2.jpg
    LWT2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 151
Okay g/f, this is my attempt at removing the branch using PS7 and using the clone tool and healing tool. When using the clone tool, I used between 85-100 opacity and my clone size was around 27pixels. I isolated small areaswith the lasso tool and cloned and worked in each small area with the clone and then when deselecting I would use the healing brush around the edges of my cloned spaces.

Attachments

• Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    Untitled-2 copy.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 143
That's a pretty good go there KC, I'm well impressed. I didn't think that it would be possible to get a good result after removing the branch. A couple of areas where you can see something has gone on but nothing major.:t:

That is very impressive. If you open both attachments and click between them it's impossible to tell there's trickery involved. good effort KCF

LOL thanks KC g/f, but it seems that i am either too sleepy or i need a more "idiot's guide" i did the Lasso select and got the setting of the clone tool as you said then, got totally lost. i think 4 hours of sleep with freshing up my mind a bit.

will have another try when i wake up. thanks again.

Great work KC, as Ammadoux said, an idiots guide to the way you did yours could help a lot of the not so able PS users here.

The attached copy was done quickly using only the Clone Tool at full strength, on any close inspection, it doesn't hide the branches as well as your does.

Attachments

• LWT22.jpg
    LWT22.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
thanks Barry, this is amazing.

well KC i have got how to clone, but not sure how to do the healing brush, just can you tell me where to find it. i have tried with the color replacement brush and choose the color to be as the gray of the head feathers, set the same amount of pix (27) and same transparency but it is giving me a solid spots, at the place of the removed branch. with your shot it is looking exactly as the details on the rest of the head.

LOL KC i guess i was blind, yes now i see it, thanks for being so patient.

will give it a try, and get back to you.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back