• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black Redstart (1 Viewer)

poledark

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but while sitting in the conservatory having a coffee, I saw a red flash and a bird swooped down and landed on a rock by the top pond. Bright red belly and dark grey body, fine beak and a very upright posture. Nothing like any bird I have seen before.

To bright for a robin, and the red was more on the belly than the chest.
Bird departed almost as soon as it arrived, but time for a good look and so to the bird ID on the laptop and it appears to be a Black Redstart.

Spent the next couple of hours with camera on my lap but no further sighting.

A first for me, Canterbury area, about midday.

Den

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back