• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera Recommendation (1 Viewer)

mcc28_x

Hi,

I have about £250 in vouchers for Cex and would like to purchase a DSLR which I can use for wildlife photography and particularly birds.

I don't have the money right now for a decent lens unfortunately so that will have to wait.

Within my price range (£150 - £300) on Cex there is:

Nikon d3000
Nikon D3100
Nikon D3200
Nikon D5100
Canon EOS 20D
Canon EOS 400D
Canon EOS 550D (at a push)
Canon EOS 600D
Canon EOS 1000D
Canon EOS 1100D

Basically the more I spend on a camera the longer I will have to wait to get a suitable lens. I basically wan't to learn how to use a DSLR properly and then improve technique etc. I need to be able to upgrade the camera but keep the lens's I invest in.

Any recommendations greatly received.

kind regards

Mark

A Nikon Refurbished D5200 should be in your range and the 24mp sensor and better auto focus would be big pluses. They are at $498.00 US with the 18-55 kit lens. There are a lot of used lenses that would be inexpensive as you get funds, The 18-140 can be found around 300.00 US and the 55-300 (better than some reviews claim) at about 200.00 US. A very nice kit for about an eventual 1000.00. Seems a lot but that's about the lowest price for decent entry level DSLR these days.
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back