• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Mastermind round 9 (1 Viewer)

That would be correct!

1. Is Short-toed Eagle... in Greece
2. Is Whinchat taken in Merseyside
3. Is Crag Martin in Northern Spain. I was looking for a Wallcreeper at the time
4. Is a Chiffchaff, a possible tristis

and 5

Is a Desert Warbler, though not the Meols one. This was at Flamborough. I seem to get followed around by Desert Warblers. I've seen three and not twitched any. The Meols bird was a 2 minute bike ride from my home. I saw it every day, fed it mealworms and had it land on me a few times. So a bonus coconut Michael F for that one! One to Harry for getting three in his first go.

Last edited:
Oops, I see I made a mistake , I wrote cliff swallow, meaning this brown swallow (Ptyonoprogne rupestris),nesting in rocks and sometimeson buildings in southern europe and the alpes.

But when I looked at your answer and the answers of the others, Jane, I saw that the species is called crag martin and cliff swallow seemed to be something different.
I looked it up; a north american, Hirundo pyrrhonota. I do not have much knowledge of the nearctic birds and could not have thought of that species, because I didn´t know it.

I meant the crag martin, but perhaps I shouldn´t get full points here?
Well, never mind , I will have look at the next.
By the way, was I right about the tree?

I looked this up in the

Here is the Meols DW. Grainy old pic...but a fantastic bird. I saw it every morning before school! Eee them were the days...

Attachments

• dw.JPG
    dw.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 383
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back