• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Former Stewartby Brickworks, Bedford to be considered for a future Landfill (1 Viewer)

Proposed Covanta Incinerator at Rookery Pit (former Stewartby Brickworks)

Rookery Pit which formed part of the Stewartby Brickworks has actually been earmarked by US company Covanta for a 600,000 ton a year Waste Incinerator.

This site currently has reedbeds, pools and larger stretches of open water and is an important site for wildlife.

I am a member of an action group fighting the proposed Incinerator on many grounds - one of which is the actual loss of important wildlife habitat and the impact on wildlife and habitats in the adjacent Marston Vale Millennium Country Park. For more details visit www.mmetag.com (Marston Moreteyne Action Group)

I am aware that these sites have been visited regularly by birders over the years.

If anybody has any information regarding sightings of red or amber status species - specifically at Rookery Pit but also at the Marston Vale Millennium Country Park - please could they let me know via email. Also if any members have photos of species that they could share with us to post onto the website (a visual aid always helps) that would be great.

Marston Moreteyne Action Group are holding an open day on Saturday 22nd May at the Methodist Hall (by the Doctors) in Marston Moreteyne 10am - 2pm. If you live in the area are are concerned about the impact the proposed incinerator will have - please pop in and say hello.

Nicola Ryan-Raine
www.mmetag.com

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back