• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

feeder problem (1 Viewer)

hummingbird2

Had my hummingbird feeder for years with no problems, except for ants. Now suddenly its leaking. Thought well its old, this happens, so checked for leaks, none. Had it inside checking the feeder out, put water in and sat it ontop a water proof dish to catch any leaks. several hours nothing. Sat it over on the counter making food, and it leaks all over the counter. It was coming out of all the flowers at one time. I pour out the water and refill, shake it, check for leaks nothing, hours later it leaks out again from the flowers, and no cause can be found. The seals are all working fine. I could go for half a day no problem and than suddenly starts to leak out of the flowers. I can not figure out what would be causing this. If I buy the feeders again it could have the same problems if I don't figure it out, will have to stop feeding the birds. I at first thought a bird was spilling it out, but I watched this feeder just start suddenly out of the blue pouring out of the flowers. It only did that during extreme cold temps and it was freezing while doing so. Mystery that needs to be solved.:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back