• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EDG Case (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the heads up Troubador - both cases look pretty good. I often just slip my binoculars into a beanie, but have often thought a hard case would be desirable when taking them abroad. I admire the looks of the classic leather binocular cases (you'll like the old Oberkochen case in this link I'm sure https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODE5WDEwMDg=/z/S~4AAOSwhqhaF2st/$_32.JPG?set_id=880000500F), but unfortunately the great majority are for porros, and won't fit modern roofs. The old Dialyt case I recently acquired must have been a snug fit for the old leatherette 10x40B version as it's too tight for my BGAT*P*.

Pat
I used to put my Dialyt 10x40s into a hard leather case rather than the soft zippered case they came in but a couple of folks who admired the leather work pointed out that it would protect well up to a certain point and then transmit a shock to the binos because it wasn't really shock-absorbing. Of course you can't choose what sort of 'accident' you are going to have with your binos and for sure all cases are a kind of compromise unless you go to a Pelikan hard case but these are a bit of an overkill for most circumstances and if you want to take 3-4 binos on holiday they are impossibly bulky.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back