• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Typo in geyri (1 Viewer)

Taphrospilus

Without checking any deeper I think there is a typo in the key entry of geyri. I think the e in his last name should be removed. See here.

Hans Freiherr Geyer von Schweppenburg

Last edited:
Obituary; in the Ibis 106 (here); "Professor Dr. Hans Freiherr Geyr von Schweppenburg".

If correct?

Björn

PS. At least the Desert Lark subspecies Ammomanes deserti geyri HARTERT 1924 (here) ... fits like a glove!
Named after Dr. Geyr von Schweppenburg, the first ornithological explorer of Ahaggar.
The other two (synonyms) I haven't checked.
--

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back