• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk birding (17 Viewers)

Stunning views of a yellow browed warbler feeding in the bushes 6ft above my head at Titchwell this morning - it was like being back in China in May!! Good numbers of finches and thrushes passing overhead but nothing really dropping in.

Keep checking those flycatchers!!

Paul

Rough legged at Horsey reported earlier...

and a Lesser Snow Goose reported Tues? evening near Martham. I presume this is in the area still. There was a Lesser Snow x Ross' hybrid (pix on GYBC website) in the first part of the year so i wonder if this may be the same bird...

after the last few days i'm really looking forward to the weekend; seeing migrants from the house like Pied Fly and Y-br, with Brambling and Siskin etc flying over is amazing and finding a few decent rares has exceeded my expectations of living out here - or is it just generally underworked?... The Radde's and Greenish were fantastic, Y-br a great treat but the Sabine's was the most exciting so far...

hope my luck stays in. We could be in for some top birding Ilya...keep your finding hat on... B :)

Rough legged at Horsey reported earlier...

and a Lesser Snow Goose reported Tues? evening near Martham. I presume this is in the area still. There was a Lesser Snow x Ross' hybrid (pix on GYBC website) in the first part of the year so i wonder if this may be the same bird...

after the last few days i'm really looking forward to the weekend; seeing migrants from the house like Pied Fly and Y-br, with Brambling and Siskin etc flying over is amazing and finding a few decent rares has exceeded my expectations of living out here - or is it just generally underworked?... The Radde's and Greenish were fantastic, Y-br a great treat but the Sabine's was the most exciting so far...

hope my luck stays in. We could be in for some top birding Ilya...keep your finding hat on... B :)

Hi Tim, sounds like your having a great time! Has been plenty at Holme recently with Barred, 2 GG Shrikes, 5 or 6 Yellow Browed, Lap Bunt etc. etc. but out of the stuff I've seen Sabines Gull was definitely my favourite so far this autumn :t: Like everyone greatly looking forward to weekend!

Cheers,

Fab day at Holkham today (thought I'd copy you, ish, Ilya. You had an amazing day yesterday). Parked at the bottom of Lady Anne Drive, had a quick look at the Lesser Grey Shrike, and then walked to Wells. Had a Firecrest and 3 Yellow Browed Warblers there and back. Then walked up to Burnham dunes to twitch the Subalpine Warbler again. During, had a Great Grey Shrike (deffinitely a GGS this time; I checked ;)), fly around us and pirch on the other side of the dune. The walk back to the car was a bit of a Yellow Browed fest, with at least 4 induviduals seen, and more heard. I reckon there must be 7+ birds around there now. Not bad, considering I only saw my first Yellow Browed Warbler on tuesday!

Jason

Last edited:
Got a gate pass from my dear wife after spending a great birthday with her. Went upto Holkham taking my boys with me, praying all the way. Great views of the Lesser grey well worth the trek. Working over the weekend. Off Monday so will probably check out Benacre. That is of course if nothing new is reported over the weekend by you intrepid individuals.
Good luck and Happy birding.
Alan

Another fantastic year for Yellow Browed Warblers so far by the looks of things...

Trip report for Lesser-grey Shrike twitch on my blog.

Cheers,

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Lesser Grey went to roost tonight? It has not been reported since 2.30. I'm hoping it sticks around 'till Saturday.

Hi all

Does anyone know if the Lesser Grey went to roost tonight? It has not been reported since 2.30. I'm hoping it sticks around 'till Saturday.

Hi Mike, fingers crossed for Saturday it seems! Connor's account on his blog (see link on his posting) tells how he saw it tonight at about 6:40pm.....

James

Just read Connor's account on his blog, i guess there have been less people around looking for stuff today with the little brown thing in Yorkshire. Glad to hear it was still there at dusk.

Fingers crossed

There everywhere. That means if we include Holme village there have been like 8 Yellow-browed Warblers in Holme parish already this autumn! :eek!:

Cheers,

Can't believe I haven't connected with one of these yet (although anyone who's ever spent time birding with me could;))

House bound for the next week so hopefully some stuff will hang around.

Matt

There everywhere. That means if we include Holme village there have been like 8 Yellow-browed Warblers in Holme parish already this autumn! :eek!:

Cheers,

there's always more of everything at Holme though ;)

or so people tell me...

there's a Radde's there now... being released at 11:30. Best get there if you wanna see it - they often go like buggers once they're free...

Tim

Last edited:
there's always more of everything at Holme though ;)

or so people tell me...

there's a Radde's there now... being released at 11:30. Best get there if you wanna see it - they often go like buggers once they're free...

Tim

Radde's still present near obs at 1:30pm but no further sign of by 2:00pm.

You see we find stuff because we're out looking ;)! Unlike most ;) (although obviously not like you Tim! :eat:)

Also at Holme today 2 Great White Egrets flew west and 2+ Yellow Browed Warblers!

Holme...what a great place....wish there days like this on a saturday...

No sign of the Lesser Grey Shrike at Holkham (feel gutted for those who hadnt yet connected...) but Subalpine Warbler still present :t:...

Cheers,

Also on pager today Sabines Gull west past Titchwell RSPB, Yellow-browed Warbler still at Holkham, Great Grey Shrike still present at Burnham Ovary Dunes.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back