• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cornwall Birding (5 Viewers)

Keep your spirits up Paul! Weather has been a little bit strange recently but the wind is swinging around from the south again soon, by Friday rares should be clinging to every available rock + tree.
Might have stuck my neck out there but i'll be out of the country so no one can shout at me!
Cheers. Henerz.

A Crap shot of the LT Duck at Torpoint this morning and the weather at Rame.

Chris.

Attachments

• LT Duck_1.jpg
    LT Duck_1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Hail.jpg
    Hail.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 55
Pics at Rame

Here are a few shots that I have taken last week at Rame the Owl hangs out in the old barn there some times there are two together sat out side in the sun.

Chris Buckland

www.freewebs.com/tav94

Attachments

• PERRI.jpg
    PERRI.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 76
  • kestrel 1.jpg
    kestrel 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Yellowhammer.JPG
    Yellowhammer.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Lark_1.jpg
    Lark_1.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Owl.jpg
    Owl.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 63
Stinking cold so I stayed close to home, Great Northern Diver off the Island and an Arctic (I presume as it was water skimming) Tern - highlight was a Kestrel that landed just by me and waited patiently as I got the camera out.

Attachments

• kestrel.jpg
    kestrel.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 81
Stinking cold so I stayed close to home, Great Northern Diver off the Island and an Arctic (I presume as it was water skimming) Tern - highlight was a Kestrel that landed just by me and waited patiently as I got the camera out.

Is the picture, the Kestrel that came and sat down for you, as that is a Merlin in your picture.

Cheers.

On Ruan Pool apparently.
Looks like my prediction is coming true already!
Thanks. Henerz.

they were on ruan pool at least until 4.30. i went down after work today arriving at 5pm to find out some moron (who i hope reads this) had flushed them. by all accounts he crossed the boardwalk like a herd of elephants and put them up. they came back down and he opened the hide door so noisily he put them up again. they came back down and as he entered the hide the gentleman already inside said "sshhh they're right in front of the hide" and he opened the flap so noisily they went up again and stayed up and f***** off although as i type this its just come out on rba they were re-found at the same location at 6.30pm tho mobile.i'll try again tomorow

Sightings Today.

Two Peregrine,50+ Manx Searwater and a Ring Ouzel plus Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler.

Sheviock. Gargney reported in the morning

Torpoint Long tailed Duck f still there.

Chris Buckland

www.freewebs.com/tav94

Attachments

• Chiffy.jpg
    Chiffy.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Crow.JPG
    Crow.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 54
Some cracking photos there Chris B. And a great photo of MERLIN Chris O. (As well spotted by Nick!)

It appears a birder has flushed the Stilts this afternoon, despite being told to shut up!

Apologies for lack of updates on Cornwall Birding over the last two days. Had to go over the border for training! Should be back to full strength tomorrow.

Is the picture, the Kestrel that came and sat down for you, as that is a Merlin in your picture.

Cheers.

Blimey - I thought I was getting better at birding.....

I was at the old rubbish chute at the Island which is where the local Kestrel eats lunch and the 'Merlin' landed and looked at me for a while....never occured to me that it wasn't the Kestrel as I've never seen any other BOP at the Island....it's small size also made me think Kestrel.

Ta.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back