• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron ES100 (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hello Guys, I am thinking about digiscoping, Can anyone tell me If the OPTICRON ES100 IS any good, also would I be able to attach my EOS 40D to It. The Scope comes with a 33x eyepiece for £899. Anyone got 1st hand experience with It?.

Thanks.
Sean.

I've had mine for almost 5 years now. When I bought it, it was optically as good as almost anything out there, but when I tested mine ES100 recently against a brand new Kowa TSN-883 and a equally new Swarovski AT80HD, it was obvious that these two outclassed the ES100 at higher magnifications, especially so the Swarovski.

The ES100 is also quite fragile. It si solidly built, but very heavy (front heavy) and if your tripod tips over, the scope goes to the ground with a big bang. I've had to send back mine for repair two times due to relatively minor knocks that almost any other scope would have survived easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back