• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

40D download problem help please. (1 Viewer)

senatore

Whenever I download pics from the 40D to the computer using the EOS Utility the download will stop and the message "The camera was disconnected during downloading" appears.It doesn't seem to matter how many pics I have to download.

I have to turn off the camera and start again.It then picks up where it left off and downloads the remaining pics.

Any way to cure this?

Max.

Do you have enough battery power? I use an external firewire reader and have never had any trouble down loading CF cards (from my Canon 40D). In fact, in all the time I have had digital cameras I have always downloaded from a card reader. It is so much simpler than trying to connect a camera to the computer.

Ditto for the card reader - Max, have a look at Amazon or 7dayshop. They sell them for less than a tenner these days, and they're so much easier to use.

Whenever I download pics from the 40D to the computer using the EOS Utility the download will stop and the message "The camera was disconnected during downloading" appears.It doesn't seem to matter how many pics I have to download.

I have to turn off the camera and start again.It then picks up where it left off and downloads the remaining pics.

Any way to cure this?

Max.

I have no problems with mine. May be a bad contact somewhere.
JSD

Max,
Have you tried tethering the camera to a pc using eos utility, and controlling the camera with the pc. If there is a fault it may show up here as well in which case I'd get the camera checked out while under warranty.
My first mkIII was replaced because of a faulty usb socket.

I have been having similar problems, I just couldn't upload to the PC either with my card reader or my camera. It turns out my pagefile was messed up probably from a bad shutdown. I deleted the pagefile and then de-fragmented and tried again it is now working fine.

Max,
Have you tried tethering the camera to a pc using eos utility, and controlling the camera with the pc. If there is a fault it may show up here as well in which case I'd get the camera checked out while under warranty.
My first mkIII was replaced because of a faulty usb socket.

Hi paul.That's what I do now.

It's strange because sometimes it works fine and other times I have to turn off the camera to continue loading.It's not a massive problem but a bit of a pain.

Max.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back