• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

England w\yorks d50 on adaptor wont take pics (1 Viewer)

chrisrwillis

Hi techie guys.

Well after buying a D50 + telephoto lens (which is great) I now have an adaptor for digiscoping for my scope.
Having conected all up the d50 refuses to take any pics with the adaptor!!

What on earth am I doing wrong? Tried manual and auto focus= the same.

Going to Wales tomorrow and I am stuck.

Anyone give me some help with this. very grateful.

Regs to all

Chris or [email protected]

If the camera wont take a photo when it is set to manual mode then try going into the menus and make sure the flash is set to manual also as it might be set to TTL.

Paul.

Also, first of all be sure that the camera is set to 'M' mode or the shutter wont fire no matter what you do. The AF or M focus button wont have an effect. I presume your camera adapter has no electrical contacts so the camera in effect has no lens attached. This is why the camera must be in 'M' mode on the dial.

Paul.

d50 and adaptor

If the camera wont take a photo when it is set to manual mode then try going into the menus and make sure the flash is set to manual also as it might be set to TTL.

Paul.

Yep its works thanks very much PAUL. very kind of you.

have a nice weekend

regs
Chris.
p.s.

just got a shot of asparrowhawk 20 foot away in the bushes with telephoto 70-300. post it next week.

Hey Paul,

what have you done with your scope to fit the camera on?? fancy bit of plumbing that!!

Regs
Chris

It's a 600mm Skywatcher 80ED telescope and the camera attaches via a T-mount and 2" telescope adapter. No eyepieces or lenses are used, the scope basically becomes a 600mm prime lens.

Paul.

Thanks for that Paul. What kind of magnicifcation can you get with that scope??

I would be most interested.

regs

Chris

On occasions I push it out to 2100mm (not including dslr crop factor) and still retain very sharp images. Most of the time though I use a 1.5X converter to give 900mm and that's generally enough for most situations.

Paul.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back