• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Genesis 8x or 10x (1 Viewer)

jgraider

How do the Kowa Genesis binos stack up optically (8.5x44/10/44) to the Zeiss FL, Swaro EL, or Nikon EDG? I realize ergonomics have alot to do with personal preference, but I'm just talking strictly optics for now. Thanks for the info.

How do the Kowa Genesis binos stack up optically (8.5x44/10/44) to the Zeiss FL, Swaro EL, or Nikon EDG? I realize ergonomics have alot to do with personal preference, but I'm just talking strictly optics for now. Thanks for the info.

Jgraider, I asked a similiar question awhile back but, it was about the 8x33 version. Not alot of current users of them? I was looking for a good upgrade in that format. I really like Kowa and thought these might of been the cat's meow! I like the BD's but I don't feel they are any better optically than what I already had. Bryce.

Opticallythe Kowas are superb but they weigh as much as many 50mm bins and the eyecups are uncomfortably large for non-glasses wearers.
See this test:-http://www.holgermerlitz.de/kowa85x44.html

John

The 33mm version is not heavy and optically excellent. I´m not sure if the 33m has "rolling ball" (i did not see it). I really like the 33mm Genesis, but I prefer the ergonomics of the Zeiss FL 8x32 and it is as good optically as the Kowa.

The Holger Merlitz paper uses Kowa as an example of a company that doesn't add much pincushion (especially in the 30ish mm bins). So some rolling ball might be expected (depending on the user).

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back