• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2 for id please (1 Viewer)

stewartb

just would like these two to have positive ids the first pic is as close as i could get im afraid and was seen next to the norfolk broads

Attachments

• P8250430 ranworth.jpg
    P8250430 ranworth.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 200
  • P8260469 at strumpshaw.jpg
    P8260469 at strumpshaw.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 228
the first is a Phylloscopus Warbler, probably Willow. The second bears a passing resemblence to a Wren, but I think it has to be a very very young Reed Warbler

My first thought was Wren for 2 but it isn't, should have at least some barring on the wing and some signs of a super. Could a very young Whitethroat look like that? Or Garden Warbler? You could be right with Reed Warbler, with birds that age I tend to look for what's feeding it!

My first thought was Wren for 2 but it isn't, should have at least some barring on the wing and some signs of a super. Could a very young Whitethroat look like that? Or Garden Warbler? You could be right with Reed Warbler, with birds that age I tend to look for what's feeding it!

I was thinking the bill was better for an Acro and the wing formula was not incompatible.

many thanks for your help posted these on another site and the second photo has caused a few different responses as well but the first seems to be a willow warbler by popular votes

nr 2: i'm not sure but i think i see one redish-brown tertial. IMHO a common whitethroat or a lesser whitethr

(i got a kid under one arm while writing, thats why no capital letters)

Only P3 is emarginated Mattias, the bill looks somewhat "flattish"...it's most definitely an Acro in my opinion.

is this pic anymore help for identification

with ref to my early thread on 2 for id please i think its safe to say willow warbler for first but wonder if this 2nd pic of bird 2 makes identification any easier

Attachments

• P8260467 at strumpshaw.JPG
    P8260467 at strumpshaw.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 69
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back