• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird sounds for the Andaman Islands (1 Viewer)

Steve Lister

Senior Birder, ex County Recorder, Garden Moths.
United Kingdom
Hi

A small group of us are going to the Andamans at the end of this month. We are told that our local guide has bird recordings but we would like our own system for back up.

I am a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing, not even owning an ipod. I have found recordings of most of the species we would like on Xeno-canto.org/asia but I don't think you can download them.

Has anyone got the relevant species (serpent-eagle, crake, coucal, scops owl, two hawk owls, nightjar, woodpigeon and cuckoo-dove - the last two are not on X-c) and could let me have them as a sound file that I can pass on to one of my friends to load on to his ipod?

Thanks
Steve

Steve,

You can definitely download from X-c. You need to download onto your computer first then transfer to your MP3 player.

John

There's a download icon for each entry on xeno-canto. Clicking on this opens another page which then plays the recording in a player. At least if you use Firefox you can save the recording to your own computer by then going to File> Save Page As.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back